August 5th, 2021 [virtual]
$8,500 total in Non-Dilutive Cash Awards available for Women and Founders of Color
Only 8 Percent of VC Funding goes to Female Founders. Less than 3 Percent to Latinx Founders. And Less than 1 Percent to Black Founders.
The mHUB MedTech Startup Pitch Competition is designed to support under-represented female founders and entrepreneurs of color in the health and medical technology space by showcasing their cutting-edge hardtech startups and connecting them with investors and industry leaders.
This pitch competition, taking place virtually on Thursday, August 5th, 2021, between 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, will feature five finalists pitching their innovations in medical device technology.
- 1st Place Prize: $5,000 cash
- 2nd Place Prize: $2,500 cash
- 3rd Place Prize: $1,000 cash
- At least one founder of your team must be female or a person of color
- Startup must be pre-series A
- Must be hardtech startup (with elements of physical product and software)
- Startup technology must be in the field of Medical Technology (MedTech)
Areas of Focus:
We are looking for breakthrough medical device technologies focused in medicine delivery, remote patient monitoring, wearables, therapeutic devices, and more. Example Technologies include, but are not limited to:
- Chronic disease management tools
- Care management at home
- Touchless technologies
- Minimally Invasive monitoring
- Low-cost analyte sensing
- Health & Medical Technologies for detection or monitoring of life-threatening conditions
- Diagnosis and measurement of malnutrition
- Connected therapeutic devices
- Improved drug delivery methods
- Extracorporeal blood oxygenation and CO2 removal technologies
- Technologies that improve surgical tissue repair, nerve repair / regneration of vasular anastomisis
- Point-of-use water filtration for medical use
Please complete this application to be considered for participation in the pitch competition. The application period will remain open until 7/22/2021. Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, July 22nd, 2021.