Thank you for your interest in applying to mHUB’s Accelerator program for Climate & Energy Tech startups. The application period will remain open until 3/28/22. The in-person program will officially begin in June 2022 at mHUB in Chicago, Illinois.
Before You Apply...
Before proceeding with this application, will you be able to spend 6 months in Chicago to participate in the program? If the answer is "yes", please complete all sections of this application in their entirety to be considered for participation in the mHUB Climate & Energy Tech Accelerator. Gathering compelling responses for this application may take a few hours. You can download a PDF outlining the full list of application questions to help you plan ahead before getting started.
You will not be able to advance through the application without adding content for the required fields in each section. Once your application is submitted, you cannot go back in and change your application responses. Note: if the application is started and the web session times out or the application window is accidentally closed, you will receive an email with a link to help you get back into your application. Make sure to click that link using the same web browser, with the same browser profile (if using Google Chrome), and the very same email address that was used when the application was started.
You will need:
- Details about the problem your company/product solves
- A picture of your product or prototype and link(s) to any multimedia that demonstrates your product or prototype (if available)
- Data from your market research; including TAM, TTM, CAGR, and customer acquisition metrics
- Bios, certificates & licenses of all team members
- Details about value proposition, patents, product validation and scaling
- A PDF file of your business plan (if available)
- Revenue data from the last 3 years (if available)
- Total funding raised to-date, including from grants, crowdfunding, pitch competitions, etc. *Please include all funding rounds, terms, and dollars raised.
- Details on debt load, monthly expense totals, and financial runway forecast
- Summary of regulatory requirements related to your specific product (if any)
About our selection criteria:
Our selection committee will carefully review every application. The selection will follow different steps. In a first step the selection committee will review the application according to the criteria below. Next steps will include phone, video and/or on-site interviews.
- MARKET POTENTIAL - Problem to be solved, market size, go-to-market and customer acquisition strategy
- PRODUCT SOLUTION – Product description, novel and manufacturable solution, differentiators
- STRATEGIC APPROACH – Business model, financial acumen, vision, regulatory (if any)
- STRUCTURE / GOVERNANCE – Capital structure, risk management, board of directors/advisors (if any)
- TEAM POTENTIAL – Experience, diversity, execution-focused, commitment, coachable